Join Altair Travel & KTRS radio personality McGraw Milhaven for an amazing 7 night cruise aboard Windstar Cruises Wind Star roundtrip from Athens, Greece
Treasures of the Greek Isles
August 7-17, 2019
Discover the magic and mythology of the Greek Isles – one of the most storied regions of the world. Sail across the azure waters of the Aegean Sea visiting the small hidden ports of Nafplio, Monemvasia, and Patmos and the legendary islands of Santorini and Mykonos. Windstar brings you closer to unique island cultures, ancient treasures, and the breathtaking beaches of Greece. Your vacation includes visits to nine UNESCO World Heritage Sites and a complimentary local Destination Discovery Event featuring dinner at the Celsus Library in the ancient city of Ephesus.
The Essence of Small Ship Sailing
- Wind Star is a sleek, 4-masted sailing yacht accommodating 148 guests. With our decks and a gross tonnage of 5,307,
- Wind Star feels like your own private yacht.
- Wind Star features wide open, teak decks—quite unusual for small ships.
- Guests will find hidden nooks for private moments giving them a feeling of being on their own private veranda.
- All staterooms have ocean views, queen beds, flat-screen TV with DVD player, and Bose SoundDock speakers for Apple iPods. The Owner’s Suite includes a sitting area.
- Wind Star offers two primary dining venues. AmphorA restaurant offers gourmet, course-by-course cuisine in the evenings and Veranda restaurant offers casual buffet and full-service dining for breakfast and lunch. All dining is open seating. And, for dining under the stars, make a reservation for Candles which features steaks and skewers. Wind Star amenities include: WindSpa, Watersports Platform, Casino, Lounge, Library, Pool, and Hot Tub
With 3,000 years of history, you can’t turn around in Athens without encountering the past. The Acropolis, a UNESCO site, the Plaka, and the Acropolis Museum are must-sees. But leave time if you can to climb Pnyx Hill for photos of the Parthenon at sunset, to buy your own set of Greek komboloi (worry beads), and to explore the metro stations that serve as mini-museums for the relics that are constantly
Altair will be offering a pre-cruise add on package in Athens
- Champagne welcome reception
- Signature Sail Away to Vangelis’ “1492 Conquest of Paradise”
- Windstar’s Signature Onboard Barbecue and the beloved crew show*
- Local performances onboard
- Learning how to sail with the Captain or officers on our Open Bridge
- Ocean views from all beautifully appointed staterooms or suites
- Cooking demonstrations powered by the James Beard Foundation and recipes by James Beard Foundation chefs
- All meals, in all venues, including 24-hour room service
- All non-alcoholic beverages, including specialty tea and coffee drinks
- Watersports Platform, including all watersports equipment featuring complimentary kayaks, paddleboards, water trampoline and more*
*Dependent on port & weather conditions.